“For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.” I Corinthians 3:11
We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth. And in Jesus Christ, His only begotten Son, our Lord. Who was conceived of the Holy Ghost and born of the virgin Mary. Who suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. Rose again from the dead on the third day, ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Almighty Father. From whence He will come to judge the quick and the dead. We believe in the Holy Ghost, in the holy general Christian church, the communion of saints. We believe in forgiveness of sins, resurrection of the body, and in eternal life.
– Our Belief and Practice–
- Creation: We believe that God is the Creator of the earth and universe, and that in six days (twenty four hour days) He created the earth, the sea, and all things that are therein. (Acts 14:15) In His own image and likeness he created the first man Adam, the father of us all, from the “dust of the ground,” breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul. God also took a rib from Adam’s side, made a woman (Eve), and brought her to him. (Genesis. 1 and 2)
- Fall of man: We believe that man is a fallen creature and guilty before God. Man disobeyed God and fell to a condition of spiritual death. This death passed on all mankind. (Genesis 3, Romans 5:12, Ephesians 2:1)
- The Deity of Christ: We believe that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, God in the flesh. He was conceived by the Holy Ghost in Mary, who was a virgin. “The Word became flesh and dwelt among us”(John 1:14) Jesus, God incarnate, was crucified and rose again.
- Salvation: We believe that all people need to repent, experience the new birth, and receive forgiveness of sins by the precious blood of Jesus. It is necessary for man to confess the Lord Jesus and believe in order to be saved. (Romans 10:9) Believing is a present, continuous act of the will.
- The Trinity: We believe that God is a Triune God expressed in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost. (2 Corinthians 13:14, Matthew 28:19, Matthew 3:16-17)
- Heaven and Hell: We believe that heaven and hell are real places. People who die without Christ will live eternally in a burning lake of fire and be tormented in the flames. People who die in the Lord will live eternally with Christ, experiencing the blessedness of His presence. (John 14:2-3, Revelation 14:11)
- Satan: We believe that Satan is a real person, a fallen angelic being, who through rebellion lost his position in heaven. We recognize this foe and his kingdom of darkness. He is out to steal, kill, and destroy. He is a liar and the father of all lies. We are in a spiritual battle which demands perseverance and faithful living until we enter into our rest. Satan will ultimately be cast into the lake of fire. (John 8:44, Revelation 20:10)
- The Word of God: We believe in the absolute and verbal inspiration of the entire Bible. The Bible does not merely contain the Word of God; the Bible is the Word of God. It is absolutely reliable and infallible. It is the only message in book form given as a direct revelation from God to man. We will give ourselves to the study of God’s Word and to prayer and fasting. Jesus fulfilled the law. The New Testament is the standard by which we live our lives. (Hebrews 4:12, 2 Peter 1:20-21, 2 Timothy 3:16)
- The Lord’s Day: We believe in the Holy Lord’s Day. This day is set aside for rest and worship (Hebrews 10:25) in memorial of Christ’s resurrection. Using the New Testament “first day of the week” in place of the last day of the week as used under the Old Testament law, we set aside Sunday. (Exodus 20:10-11) We will conduct our worship services in reverence, worshiping God and fellowshipping with the saints.
- The Christian Home: We believe that our homes must be built on Biblical doctrine and leadership. This includes regular family worship and teaching and training our children in “the nurture and admonition of the Lord.” (Genesis 18:19, Ephesians 6:4) We fathers agree to be responsible for teaching, living, and leading the family in faith and practice, in order to glorify God in all phases of life.
- Discipleship: We believe that discipleship in following Christ is a clear characteristic of true Believers. A disciple willingly bears the cross and denies self, forsaking all things that hinder fellowship with God and others. (Mt. 16:24, Luke 14:33)
- Stewardship: We believe it is required of stewards that a man be found faithful. This includes every area of our lives. We will use honesty and integrity in all our social and business activities. (Luke 19:13, I Corinthians 4:2)
- Accountability: We will be open to each other for encouragement and correction. We will constantly avoid giving offense either by word or deed to anyone, whether in the Church or the world, so that our lives may be a witness for Christ and to His glory. (1 Corinthians 12:25-26, Philippians 2:4)
- We believe in the Christian ordinances:
- Water Baptism: We believe water baptism is for those who have believed, repented, and received the baptism of the Spirit. (We use the mode of pouring as symbolic of the pouring out of the Holy Ghost. Acts 2:14-18, Acts 2:38-41)
- Communion: We believe in the Lord’s Supper (as instructed by our Lord Jesus as a memorial of His broken body and shed blood) typified with bread and fruit of the vine, and showing a common union of members. (Matthew 26:26-28, I Corinthians 11:23-26) We choose to examine ourselves (1 Corinthians 11:28) to see if we have peace with God, (Colossians 3:15) victory over the flesh, (Galatians 5:19-21) and as much as possible, peace with our fellowman. (Romans 12:18)
- Feet Washing: We believe that feet washing as a religious ceremony was taught by Jesus to demonstrate literally our expression of humility, equality, and love as servants to each other. (John 13:4-17, I Timothy 5:10)
- Divine Headship Order and Veil: According to 1 Corinthians 11 we believe sisters “being veiled” is an expression and recognition of submission to the divine headship order for our homes and Church, and that it is a testimony to others. We believe it is a shame and dishonor to our God-ordained headship, (God, father, husband, and other authority) not to be veiled, or to have cut hair. A woman’s long hair is her glory. We choose to honor God by not cutting the hair. (1 Corinthians 11:5-6) 1 Corinthians 11 also speaks directly to men: “But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ… Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoreth his head.” (1 Corinthians 11:3-4)
- Holy Kiss: We believe the Holy Kiss should be practiced among brethren of like precious faith as a kiss of charity and not of judgment…brothers with brothers, and sisters with sisters. (Romans 16:16, I Corinthians 16:20, I Peter 5:14)
- Anointing with Oil: We believe the sick who ask in faith should be prayed over and anointed with oil in the name of our Lord for the physical healing of the believers according to the will of God. (James 5: 13-16)
- Marriage: We believe God divinely instituted marriage: (a) between one man and one woman, (b) for the propagation, purity, and happiness of the human race, and (c) is dissoluble only by death. (Genesis 1:28, 2:24, Hebrews 13:4, Matthew 19:6)
- The Church of Jesus Christ: We believe in the church of Christ, a fellowship of born-again believers, the body of which Christ is the head. We welcome Christian brothers & sisters who have been cleansed from their sins, walk in newness of life, and live by faith in the Son of God. (Colossians 1:18, Galatians 2:20, 1 John 5:1)
- We believe the Great Commission given by Christ to His disciples is the commission to all Believers to go and tell the good news of salvation to the lost in the entire world. (Matthew 28:19-20) We choose to be a haven of rest and comfort for hurting, sin-sick souls.
- We believe in ordaining ministers for the good of the body and for preaching the Word of God at home and abroad. The goal of our leaders is to meet the qualifications of God’s Word. (1 Timothy 3:1-10, Titus 1:5-7)
- We believe in nonresistance in all phases of life, both in word and deed. The law of Christ, the supreme law of love, teaches us to love our enemies and forbids us to take up arms. (Matthew 5:24, Romans 12:21) Jesus also taught His children to pay taxes. (Mark. 12:17)
- We believe in nonconformity to the things of this world. (Romans 12:2) We will not be unequally yoked with unbelievers in business and in other phases of life.
- We believe that our bodies are temples of God and that all we do should be to His honor and glory. (1Corinthians 2:19)
- We believe that purity in courtship is essential to a Godly relationship. We will not enter courtship with non-Christians. We believe our weddings should focus on the sacredness of marriage and the worship of God.
- We believe in excommunication of unrepentant church members. We will fast and pray for those who continue in sin and have lost their peace with God, admonishing them to repent. They will then be excommunicated if they refuse to repent. (Matthew 18:17-19, 1 Corinthians 5:11, 1 Thessalonians 2:14-15, Titus 3:10)